Managing Director & Founder
Colin Mangham develops and communicates new and important ideas and organizations, chiefly as a marketing executive, innovation catalyst, entrepreneur, and certified biomimicry specialist.
Colin’s innovation consulting practice has supported the successes of companies ranging from startups to a couple dozen Fortune 500 corporations. It leverages his 25 years of experience in strategy and communications development to create, communicate, deliver and sustain the value of technological, organizational, and social innovation.
Highlights of his professional experience include:
- 25 years branding, marketing, design, and business development
- Consulted dozens of Fortune 500 companies and other Big Brands
- Guided 100+ early-stage companies
- Produced and wrote 60+ commercials, tune-ins, promos, videos
- Hired, directed, and inspired dozens of designers, writers, programmers, media talent, others
- Generated estimated 95% of consulting business from referrals
- Served on several corporate boards of Directors and Advisors
- Served on several non-profit boards of Directors, Trustees, and Advisors
- Built, focused, and energized diverse and high-performing teams
- Performed interim Chief Marketing Officer role for companies including international sustainable innovation organization (Biomimicry 3.8)
- International experience spans 25 countries
- Certified Biomimicry Specialist: driving innovation inspired by nature
- Professional writer; most media, including 100+ arts, entertainment, lifestyle, journal articles
- Angel Investor, diverse categories with several exits
- Public speaker, workshop facilitator, university guest lecturer
Corporate highlights: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Lucent Technologies, FOX Broadcasting, P&G, Ford Motor Company, Boeing, Biomimicry 3.8, Foot Locker, The UN, Howard Johnson, DirecTV, Perfect water, Amgen, Delta, Casio, United Airlines, EAU Technologies, Polycom, Verizon, Oxygen Media, The EPA, Warner Bros., IOGEAR, Sprint, Speed Channel, Nextel, WaMu, Madison Square Garden, The New York Yankees, and dozens of others, many of which have been early-stage companies and organizations.
Colin is also an accomplished entrepreneur and vocal advocate of non-profits and social enterprises including Biomimicry LA, which he founded to promote and apply innovation inspired by natural forms, processes, and systems.
Non-profit highlights: Live Earth (Global Brand Strategist), HENAAC (rebranded Great Minds), L.A. Archdiocese (marketed 227 schools), US Dept. of Health & Human Services, The Biomimicry Institute, C5 Youth Foundation (Camp Coca-Cola), a Hong Kong arts foundation (Vice Chair), Aspen Filmfest, Compathos Foundation, World Wildlife Fund (Technical Advisor), and several others including 5 Day Missions, an innovative model he co-developed with United Nations partners and piloted in four Middle Eastern countries.
He is a frequent speaker, panelist, and adjunct university lecturer. See highlights of recent engagements and events here.
Colin received his MBA from the University of Liverpool in the top tier of his class and with an emphasis on international marketing. He’s also an LSU Tiger (BS in Business Administration / Marketing), and a Certified Biomimicry Specialist.
TEDx (2015) – Colin Mangham, “Find Your Woods”
Legal & Finance
Howard K. Alperin General Counsel, Blecher & Collins
Shaub & Williams IP Counsel, Shaub & Williams
Michael Sigman CPA, LoBuglio & Sigman
Betty Johann Controller